Friday 5 August 2016

Code School - Try R

I first encountered R during one of my master's courses at KTH. The course was in bioinformatics and biostatistics and contained a practical part during which we got to do some statistical analysis and data visualization using R. It has been a while since I last used R, so I felt that a recap of the language would be a good idea. 

The top hit I got on Google was the course Try R from Code School. The course is very basic and would suit someone who is a complete beginner, or, like me, just wants a quick recap. The commands are entered in the browser and there is no need to install R on your computer for this course. It goes through the basic commands in R, different data structures like vectors and matrices, visualisation and some statistics. 

I worked through this tutorial pretty quickly and a lot of what I had learned previously came back to me. I installed the latest version of R on my computer with a little help of this site and will continue with some more advanced tutorials now.

No comments:

Post a Comment