Friday 23 September 2016

Learning computer science

So far I have managed to solve 52 problems on Rosalind, and I feel like I have become a lot better at programming since I started. But recently the problems on Rosalind have become more and more complex, and I have sometimes had a hard time solving them or even understanding the solutions others have come up with. The main reason for this is my lack of a background in computer science. So I have decided to make up for this, starting with studying the basics of computer science.

I wanted to learn the basics of computer science, but I also wanted the focus to be on Python, which lead me to the interactive book "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist". Yesterday I completed chapter 1, and today I will continue with chapter 2. So far it's pretty basic, but even so I have already learned quite a bit! When I'm finished I will try to find a more formal online course to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment